Friday, September 2, 2011

Lesson Plan Reflection

I learnt that the lesson plan is a important step in lesson preparation, this is particularly important for the teachers to think through the details of the lesson.

We went through many lesson plans on the other day and I was pretty amazed when I saw one student who included an overall overview in a flowchart form. I thought it is a good practice until Dr Mok mentioned that it was not really necessary as many flowcharts will look similiar and it is pointless to include something like this to waste paper. That saying makes alot of sense and I remembered that it is essential to highlight the activities for the day but it was not necessary at all to put in flowcharts like this if all of them are going to look the same anyway.

So these are the points to be noted after the lesson critique sessions.

Recapitulation Part
I learn that it is important to have connection between the topics.
As a teacher, we need not deliver the syllabus in a mundane way, we can be a story teller too if we can link all the concepts together.
For example, we can link the theory and practical together, students should be able to learn better when they see the connection of the practical module and the theory.

Many of us could critique a lesson plan, but both Ms Chin and Dr Mok told us that it does not mean that we can produce a flawless or rather a good lesson plan. Perhaps as a beginning teacher, we can support ourselves and our peers by assessing each other's lesson plan so that we can constantly remind each other what and where we can improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment